Thursday 12 July 2012

London's Urban Sketchers exhibit at Foyles bookshop

James Hobbs, Foyles, Charing Cross Road
Have you bought a copy of The Art of Urban Sketching by Gabriel Campanario yet?

Urban Sketchers London are delighted to be publicising this very popular book and exhibiting their work by participating in Foyles Bookshop's Sketching the City summer season of exhibitions about sketching.

Works by London-based urban sketchers that are included in The Art of Urban Sketching will be on display at the third-floor gallery in Foyles flagship bookshop at 113-119 Charing Cross Road, London from next Monday.

The show also includes:
  • excerpts and drawings reproduced from the book by other urban sketchers from around the world
  • plus other framed works by London-based Nathan Brenville, James Hobbs, Barry Jackson, Olha Pryymak, Katherine Tyrrell and Zhenia Vasiliev. 
The Art of Urban Sketching Exhibition is for one week from Monday 16 July to Sunday 22 July 2012. For more details about the gallery's opening hours and how to get to Foyles, check its website.

The book is on sale in the shop and at the exhibition.

Follow London's Urban Sketchers on Twitter: @urbsketchlondon

Further details about the events in Foyles Sketching in the City season, which continues until 26 August.



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. I really like the way you've captured Foyles here.. the different shades of red. it's a great building. I kindof miss it's old ramshackle days though when you'd go to the upper storeys and there were just books piled all over the floor that you had to sort through...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nathan. I don't really remember Foyles as you describe it - I'm not sure I ever went in much then. But it will be interesting when it moves down the road to the old Central Saint Martins building in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. use to love browsing through the shelves of Foyles when I was a young art student in London. Magical place. There was another book store opposite that was just art books, can't think of the name of it now. Around the corner and down some alleys was the first time I visited an oriental food store with my boyfriend of the time. Around another corner and down a few steps, in a room of red and gold, I experienced vegetarian Indian food with yet another boyfriend. Definitely an area that holds a lots of precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Foyles like that back in the mid-90s, when it was my favourite bookshop in London, on my favourite street (at the time). I remember going upstairs looking for language books, with everything all cluttered all over the place and labyrinthine. I like Foyles now, of course, but I really loved it then.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.