Wednesday 25 November 2015

Miss Jones' residence


A very busy Borough Market was the venue for a recent London Urban Sketchers outing.   I arrived late so wanted to get started quickly and noticed this lovely little building, the Globe Tavern, dwarfed by the steelwork and railway bridges.  I didn’t know at the time but the flat above the pub was used as one of the locations in the film ‘Bridget Jones’s Diary’.


In the afternoon, after sampling some of the delicious food the market has to offer, I chose to draw inside the main market building.  I found the structure is so complicated to draw, with sections added here and there as the market expanded.  It was really enjoyable though and I highly recommend a visit if you are ever in the area.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. What a pleasure to see your drawings...I do appreciate what you mean about trying to sort out the complexity of the setting. Grand to know that athere were some delicious tastes to be found during the sorting out.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.