Some of the original sketches are for sale. Others will be available as prints.
We hope to see you at the Private Event (see below) and hope you enjoy the exhibition.
|From Blackfriars Bridge by James Hobbs|
Urban Sketchers Exhibition
WHEN: Monday 2nd November - 31 October 2016
WHERE: Timberyard Soho
AT: 4 Noel Street, London W1F 8GB
OPEN: Monday to Friday - 8am-7pm; Saturday & Sunday 11am-6pm
The exhibition is free to view.
This is the announcement about the exhibition on the Timberyard website.
We'll be posting photos on this blog of both the exhibition and Private View on 3rd November.
We're running a number of events associated with the Exhibition.
London Creatives - Private View of Launch Exhibitions
You are invited to the Private View of the London Creatives participating in the launch of the new branch - London Creatives Private View Meet-up: Drinks with the artists
WHERE: Timberyard Soho 4 Noel Street, London W1F 8GB
DATE: Tuesday, 3 November 2015
TIME: 6.00pm - 9:00pm
Facebook Event Page
London Creatives is a project that celebrates the colourful talents of our city’s emerging artists, start-ups and early stage businesses. Join us for an evening of exciting art, colourful people and Spanish wine plus the chance to meet the artists exhibiting at this the first TY Soho exhibition.and
Returning to the walls of Timberyard for this six-month exhibition of works by the city’s branch of the international drawing phenomenon that is Urban Sketchers. The exhibition includes a broad range of works of London scenes from the members’ sketchbooks – and some of the works are on sale.
James Hobbs, author of Sketch Your World - is leading an extra sketchcrawl linked to the exhibition - Liberty's (Great Marlborough Street) to the BBC (Langham Place) - and afterwards at Timberyard Soho on Saturday 14th November
Also listed here on the Timberyard website
On Wednesday 25th November London Urban Sketchers are holding a Book signing: Katherine Tyrrell, Isabel Carmona and James Hobbs, 7-8.30pm at the exhibition.
You can meet Katherine, James and Isobel to discuss the world of urban sketching alongside Timberyard’s exhibition of drawings by London Urban Sketchers - and they'll also be happy to sign copies of their books for you.
The books about sketching available at the event will be:
- Sketching 365 by Katherine Tyrrell, author of popular art blog Making A Mark
- Sketch your World and Dream, Draw, Design Your Garden by artist, author, freelance journalist, urban sketcher James Hobbs
- Brighton West Pier and More, 1995-2008 by Isobel Carmona
- Archisketcher by Simone Ridyard - who started Manchester Urban Sketchers and is currently organising the Global Urban Sketching Symposium in Manchester in July 2016
- Creative Sketching Workshop by London Urban Sketcher Pete Scully - currently living in California
Selected Artists and Sketches
This is the list of sketchers and works selected for the exhibition. The sketches are a mix of ones done on our regular monthly sketchcrawls and those sketched while people have been out and about London.
Links in the names below are to the websites or blogs of the sketchers. Do please take a look at their other work.
- Sangeeta Bhagawati - Panoramic view from the roof terrace of One New Change
- Elizabeth Blunt - The Salisbury, Green Lanes, Harringay
- Nathan Brenville - Waterlow Park, Highgate
- Julie Bolus - Bookstore Charing Cross Road, London ( any amount of Books)
- Isabel Carmona - South Kensington
- Jo Dungey - At the Chelsea Physic Garden
- Katy Evans - Blue Pagoda (Kew Gardens)
- James Hobbs - from Blackfriars Bridge
- Isabelle Laliberte - British Museum Great Court
- Daniel Lloyd-Morgan - One New Change/St Paul's - people sketching
- Choon Low - St Paul's Cathedral
- Dolores Kitchener - corner of Flask Walk
- Tom Ledger - March against Austerity, Bank
- Paulina Little - St James’s Park, London on VE Day, Hawker Hurricane Mark II
- Simone Menken - South Ken Cafe Culture
- Olya Osipova - Cheyne Walk, Chelsea
- Simon Privett - (1) Flask Walk and (2) Admiralty Arch
- Nick Richards - Bow Church
- Evelyn Rowland - Albert Bridge
- Sue Smith - The Flask, Hampstead
- John Swanson - King William's Temple, Kew Gardens
- Marissa Lee Swinghammer - Trafalgar Square
- Katherine Tyrrell - The Paragon, Blackheath
- Tony Underhill - St Paul's Dome From The Roof Terrace, One New Change
|Marissa Lee Swinghammer - sketching Trafalgar square in August|
We very much enjoy exhibiting with Timberyard as the owner is very enthusiastic about linking up to creative people - not least because the different branches are all frequented by very creative people!
TY Art Cups are coming. Next week 50,000 cups in each of these artworks will hit the streets of London #PapYourCup pic.twitter.com/eW5U8tbyif— Timberyard UK (@timberyarduk) October 23, 2015