Thursday 6 March 2014

Sightseeing in South Norwood?



I’d never thought of South Norwood in south east London as a travel destination but I was intrigued when I saw a group on Twitter called the ‘South Norwood Tourist Board’.  An initiative set up by local people, they have ‘been set up to promote the regeneration of South Norwood by developing tourism to the area’ and have ‘no funding of any kind’ with the project being ‘quite simply a labour of love’.  
I drew the Stanley Halls, the lake and the library before the crowds arrive.



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. My visits to London have never included a stop in South Norwood. From your fine drawings and commentary, I can tell I have missed something. Please do take your own drawing self to some other out of the way places and post some more drawings.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and do that, Frances, although I'm not sure I can compete with the Big Apple!

      Delete
  2. Smashing sketches!

    Best wishes, Sue

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.