- Correspondents are people who write posts and post images of sketches done from life and on location on this blog
- An "original Urban Sketcher" refers to people who are also correspodents for the main Urban Sketchers blog.
Below you can find out about:ANYBODY can come along to the London Sketchcrawls.You don't have to be a correspondent.
- the Founder Correspondents
- The 'Out of Towner' Guest Correspondents
- Our Manifesto
- how to apply to become a Correspondent
Below you can find a list of the current Correspondents on this blog - the links in their names are to the introductory post about them on this blog. The six founder members of Urban Sketchers London are indicated by (F) after their name
- Adebanji Alade (F)
- Julie Bolus
- Nathan Brenville
- Isabel Carmona
- James Hobbs (F)
- Barry Jackson (Professor Shorthair) (F)
- Sue Pownall
- Olha Pryymak (F)
- Evelyn Rowland
- Katherine Tyrrell (F)
- Zhenia Vasiliev (F)
- Lis Watkins
The 'Out of Towner' Guest Correspondents
The focus of this blog is on people who sketch London. Some of our correspondents sketch London even if they don't live here.
Our Guest Correspondents are people who sketch London - but don't live here (although some did in the past). Additional Guest Correspondents are
- Pete Scully - an original Urban Sketcher - formerly of North London, currently living in Davis, California;
- Julie Oakley - an original Urban Sketcher - lives in Hertfordshire
- Les Williams - lives in Norfolk and leads the Bankside Sketching Group
Apply to be a Correspondent
We're looking to grow the correspondents for this blog (ie the people who write posts and post images of sketches done from life and on location) via
- the Urban Sketchers Flickr group - This page has a slideshow of the sort of sketches which get posted to Flickr by people all over the world
- people who are already used to posting online and come along to the London Sketchcrawls.
- our NEW Urban Sketchers London Facebook Group
Essentially we're looking for people who can write short pieces about the place they have sketched as well as sketch.
- Check out the manifesto at the top of the right hand column of this blog to see if this the sort of sketching you do.
- If you're still interested in becoming a member and posting your sketches done on location to this blog, email us with the following details
- your real name
- your 'online name'
- where you live in London
- how long you've been sketching
- what proportion of your sketches are produced on location
- whether you are already a member of the main Urban Sketchers blog - and want a guest membership because you're visiting London
- we need to see your sketches. Show us them by:
- EITHER: supplying your blog name and URL - and how long you've been blogging
- AND/OR: supplying your Flickr account name and URL (and whether or not you're a member of the Urban Sketchers Group on Flickr and/or the Urban Sketchers London Flickr Group)
- AND/OR telling us whether you have been to a Urban Sketchers London Sketchcrawl - and we've seen your sketchbooks
- WHY you want to join Urban Sketchers London
Please note - we have to see some evidence of sketches posted to your Flickr Account
before we will review your application
for membership of the Urban Sketchers Group on Flickr