Monday 28 May 2018

Drawing in The London Borough of Richmond (and nearby)

[Nicky Browne] 

I usually draw locally and make cards and minibook compilations of drawings and sketches. Chiswick House is new to me. I chose the bridge and while I was sitting I was a target for every sniffing, dribbling dog that passed.
I started on the left and worked around to the right of the paper. The railings on the right made such beautiful patterns that I started to include them. Quickly I realised that they would obscure everything already drawn. Ah. Big mistake. What to do? The blade scratched them almost out and I tried to cover the resulting mess with plants. It doesn't quite work, but nothing is perfect in this life.




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.