Sunday 5 April 2015

Hertford Union Canal - City High Rise and Canal Boats

View of the City of London and the Hertford Union Canal from Three Colts Bridge
pen and ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine sketchbook | © Katherine Tyrrell
Here in East London, we have an awful lot of very colourful canal boats tied up along the sides of the Hertford Union and Regent Canals.

If I sit at Three Colts Bridge - between Gunmaker Lane and Victoria Park - I can also see the 'Gherkin' and 'Cheese Grater' in the City of London

However I'm practising drawing water at the moment.......

.....and Canada Geese in perspective!
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. my ancestors were Barge builders in Rotherhithe. I have not been to a canal in London yet - apart from glimpsing them at Camden and Regents park. This looks lovely, I should go on a Canal Hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely view, and great job on the water! Looking forward to a bike ride and sketching along the canals on our UK visit in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your drawing very much. Thank you also for introducing me to another part of London to visit whenever I next get over to the UK.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.