Tuesday 24 September 2013

Clissold Park, Stoke Newington



The park at Stoke Newington is worth a visit if you're near these parts. It had a makeover recently and is looking better than ever. This coming Sunday, 29 September, it is hosting events marking the anniversary of the opening of the New River, which passes through the park and was built to bring drinking water to the city from Hertfordshire 400 years ago. I like that it's still called the New River, despite its age and the fact it is no longer functioning as a water supply. Why bother changing it now?


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I do like your ink drawings and hope you'll be taking pen and paper along to the festivities this weekend.

    One of these days, on another visit to the UK, I will have to get myself to Stoke Newington. It's a place I've read about over the years. Wonder why I've yet to see it.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.