Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Meet the correspondents: Olha Pryymak

I am an East London based painter. Sketching is a pivotal part of my practice. It's my way of seeing with the eye and the hand.

Drawing is the way I go about looking at subjects, putting figures in space, seeing the movement of people through the architectural landscape. The movement of people fascinates me, and the architectural decor that they surround themselves with. The biggest challenge is to capture figures in movement, but drawing on site is indispensable to creating a good work of art.

My work has been hung at the Royal Academy, National Portrait Gallery, the Mall Galleries and other galleries and fairs throughout town.

I post new work nearly daily on my site olechko.org.

To keep in touch, add me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, or get the RSS feed blog posts in your mailbox.

photo
Regent st. no 3, London,
A5 size cartridge paper, ink pen and watercolor, 2009

photo


L'eau a la bouche on Broadway market, London,
ink pen and watercolor on A5 cartridge paper

photo
Royal Albert Hall, South Kensington, London, 12x 9 in, ink pen, 2009



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I love your pen and ink sketch of the RAH...just wonderful hatching!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.